U.S. fuel and petrochemical manufacturers are committed to doing their part to limit the spread of COVID-19 while maintaining the core services and functions our nation requires daily. Our members supply materials critical to fight against COVID-19 — including health care and hygiene products, food packaging and transportation fuel — and have been identified as “critical infrastructure” by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Across the country, fuel and petrochemical makers have implemented pandemic planning measures to reduce workforce exposure, including placing non-essential employees on telework, restricting travel, postponing non-critical projects, enacting social distancing protocol at facilities, and conducting more frequent cleaning and disinfecting, among other actions. The commitments of AFPM members to safety and to providing relied-upon products remains steadfast during these challenging times.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During Covid-19 Response can be found here (updated on May 19).
A comprehensive list of state & local orders — including stay-at-home and executive orders — are here, maintained by MultiState Associates.
If you or your organization is interested in helping the effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, FEMA has established a website, www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help, with more information. Examples for the private sector include:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please email specifics to email@example.com.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide details on what you are offering.
- If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a hospital and other companies in need of medical supplies, contact your state Department of Public Health and/or Emergency Management.
- For non-medical supplies, services, or equipment, if you are interested in doing business with FEMA, visit the Industry Liaison Program.
Below are additional resources for our industries.
Critical Infrastructure & Essential Worker Guidance
- AFPM: CEO Letter to 50 State Governors on Critical Infrastructure Guidance
- U.S. Coast Guard: COVID 19 – Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC®) Operations
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Cyber & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): Identifying Critical Infrastructure During COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Cyber & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): Operations Centers and Control Rooms Guide for Pandemic Response
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Private Sector Liaisons Map and Contact Information
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection: Notification of Temporary Travel Restrictions Applicable to Land Ports of Entry and Ferries Service Between the United States and Canada
Industry Safety, Preparedness, Response & Return to Work
- American Petroleum Institute (API): Pandemic Planning Guide
- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency: COVID-19 Recovery CISA Tabletop Exercise Package (CTEP)
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM): COVID-19 State Resources (List of state and local declarations and their impact on manufacturing operations and facilities)
- National Governors Association: State-By-State Summary Of Public Health Criteria In Reopening Plans
- National Governors Association: Summary of State Actions Addressing Business Reopenings
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security, and Emergency Response: COVID-19 Energy Sector Response Efforts and Frequently Asked Questions
- Oil and Natural Gas Subsector Coordinating Council: Oil & Natural Gas COVID-19 Responsible Recovery Compendium
- State Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Contact List and Resource Guide
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers on COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): COVID-19 Pandemic Operational Guidance for the 2020 Hurricane Season
- U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Product Markets, Transportation & Infrastructure
- AFPM and American Petroleum Institute (API): Joint Letter to President Trump on Crude Oil Supply
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA): Policy for the Transportation of Certain Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers
- U.S. House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure: COVID-19 Resource Guide Agency Actions & Information
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Contrul and Prevention (CDC): COVID-19 Website
- U.S. Department of State: COVID-19 Information
- The White House: Coronavirus.gov
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public