This position is currently a hybrid remote/in-office position. Only local residents within commuting distance will be considered at this time.
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) is a dynamic trade association representing high-tech American manufacturers of virtually the entire U.S. supply of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, other fuels and home heating oil, as well as the petrochemicals used as building blocks for thousands of vital products in daily life, from paints to plastics, space suits to solar panels, and medicines to mobile phones. AFPM’s legal department participates in litigation affecting the refining and petrochemical industries; enhances AFPM’s advocacy initiatives by providing analytical support to the legislative, regulatory, communications, and outreach departments; provides legal support to AFPM’s business enterprises through the contracting process; and ensures the organization’s compliance with antitrust, copyright, and other applicable laws and regulations.
AFPM is looking for a currently enrolled second or third year law school student with an expressed interest in and/or experience in energy and environmental law. AFPM will work with the applicant’s law school to provide the applicant with class credit for their work, or the applicant can earn an hourly wage for a maximum of 30 hours per week. The legal intern works alongside AFPM’s General Counsel and focuses on a variety of legal and regulatory issues important to the refining and petrochemical manufacturing industries.
- Conducts research and drafts litigation, regulatory, or administrative materials.
- Monitors developments in ongoing government and litigation proceedings.
- Presents on monthly Legal Committee calls.
- Works with AFPM’s outside counsel to monitor and assist with ongoing litigation.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in law school; 2L or 3L students only.
- An expressed interest in, knowledge of and/or experience in energy and environmental law.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and teamwork skills.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office.