Currently this is a hybrid remote/in-person position. Full-time AFPM employees work remotely up to 6 days per month. Remote days for part-time employees are determined based on schedule.
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) is a dynamic trade association representing high-tech American manufacturers of virtually the entire U.S. supply of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, other fuels and home heating oil, as well as the petrochemicals used as building blocks for thousands of vital products in daily life, from paints to plastics, space suits to solar panels, and medicines to mobile phones. AFPM’s legal department participates in litigation affecting the refining and petrochemical industries; enhances AFPM’s advocacy initiatives by providing analytical support to the legislative, regulatory, communications, and outreach departments; provides legal support to AFPM’s business enterprises through the contracting process; and ensures the organization’s compliance with antitrust, copyright, and other applicable laws and regulations.
AFPM is looking for currently enrolled law school students for our Spring and Summer internships who have an expressed interest in and/or experience in energy and environmental law. AFPM will work with the applicants’ law school to provide the applicants with class credit for their work or the applicants can earn $25 per hour with a maximum of 30 hours per week. The legal interns work alongside AFPM’s General Counsel and focus on a variety of legal and regulatory issues important to the refining and petrochemical manufacturing industries.
- Conducts research and drafts litigation, regulatory, or administrative materials.
- Monitors developments in ongoing government and litigation proceedings.
- Attends and presents on monthly Legal Committee calls.
- Reviews AFPM commercial contracts.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in law school.
- An expressed interest in, knowledge of and/or experience in energy and environmental law.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and teamwork skills.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office.
- Lives within a reasonable commuting distance from AFPM’s offices.