This position is currently a hybrid remote/in-office position.
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) is a dynamic trade association representing high-tech American manufacturers of virtually the entire U.S. supply of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, other fuels and home heating oil, as well as the petrochemicals used as building blocks for thousands of vital products in daily life, from paints to plastics, space suits to solar panels, and medicines to mobile phones.
AFPM is looking for an individual with exceptional communication and customer service skills to join our team of professionals. This position is responsible for working with AFPM members to ensure that our membership database is accurate and up-to-date, for administering the member application and renewal processes, and for acting as an internal and external resource for questions pertaining to AFPM membership records and accounts. In addition, the Senior Associate, Member Services works directly with our members to answer questions and resolve problems, and ensures that the member experience is a positive and productive one.
- Maintains the integrity of AFPM’s membership database.
- Monitors and ensures completeness and consistency of membership applications and member renewals.
- Responds to member inquiries verbally and in writing to provide information, resolve issues, and offer support as needed.
- Provides regular internal reporting which reflects additions and changes to membership rosters.
- Provides assistance and support to the Senior Manager, Member Services and Development as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in customer service and/or membership services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including listening, relationship-building, and customer service skills.
- Strong time management, teamwork, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- A focus on and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; database proficiency preferred.
- Ability to travel out of state once or twice per year.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training.