This position is currently a hybrid remote/in-office position.
AFPM seeks an experienced and highly skilled meeting and conference planner to join our team of professional meeting planners and to provide planning, execution and logistical support functions for the meetings of the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers association. This position will serve as the primary communicator of meeting details to host departments, outside vendors, and the entire meeting team on assigned events.
- Provides logistical support for assigned AFPM conferences and meetings, seminars, and small committee meetings, including developing detailed specification sheets for room assignments and setups, food and beverage needs, a/v requirements, and all other ancillary services required to execute the meeting.
- Coordinates with staff responsible for the program to identify requirements
- Manages the expenses of all meetings through strict adherence to the meeting budget
- Contributes to website and digital content to communicate and market AFPM meetings
- Prepares requests for proposals to potential vendors to provide required services
- Conducts site review and inspection to plan details of the meeting
- Travels to and manages on-site execution at all assigned events
- Conducts post-event analysis and reports on event effectiveness to optimize future events
- 3 - 5 years of trade association meeting planning experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and familiarity with HTML and databases
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiating skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel up to 6 weeks per year
- Bachelor’s degree and CMP preferred