This is currently a hybrid position. Only local candidates will be considered at this time.
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) is a dynamic trade association representing high-tech American manufacturers of virtually the entire U.S. supply of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, other fuels, and home heating oil, as well as the petrochemicals used as building blocks for thousands of vital products in daily life, from paints to plastics, space suits to solar panels, and medicines to mobile phones. As a national trade association representing American refineries and petrochemical companies, AFPM brings together staff, members, affiliates, and thought leaders at major conventions and smaller gatherings, both virtual and in-person, throughout the year.
At AFPM, our greatest asset is our team of talented professionals who consistently fuel our success. As we continue to grow and expand our reach, we are excited to announce an opening for a Manager, Process Safety (Committee and Program Manager). This position will manage AFPM’s Process Safety Regional Network Program and its support staff. The primary objectives of the program are to foster relationship-building with members, develop action plans for each program, and serve as a conduit between network members and AFPM. The manager helps facilitate learning from incidents and safety data, including creating and disseminating program resources that support our members' efforts to improve their process safety performance.
- Manages, develops, and guides staff in supporting the suite of subgroups within the Advancing Process Safety Program, suite includes:
- Process Safety Workgroup
- Process Safety Regional Networks
- Industry Learning and Outreach
- Webinar Program
- Hazard Identification and Practice Sharing Program
- Walk the Line Practice Sharing Program
- Liaison with API in their Advancing Process Safety Programs, Human and Organizational Performance and Mechanical Integrity
- Establishes and supports strategies to develop resources that are shared with our members to help them improve their safety programs.
- Identifies the appropriate information to disseminate within and across programs and regions which is timely, accurate and relevant.
- Fosters positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with program groups, committee leadership, and participants through outreach and new program member onboarding.
- Provides recommendations regarding increasing member participation and making efficiency improvements for assigned programs and processes.
- Contributes to departmental strategy, planning and brainstorming sessions.
- Communicates and collaborates with AFPM colleagues, within and outside the department, to ensure program and meeting quality standards and process consistency are maintained.
- Represents AFPM and enhances knowledge and connections by attending and participating in initiatives at meetings and industry-related conferences.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required including success developing, facilitating, and managing committees, working groups, teams and/or networks.
- At least two years of staff management experience.
- Occupational and/or process safety experience or knowledge a plus.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and presentations skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time to attend meetings and conferences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to synthesize data/information and generate recommendations.
- High level of professionalism and customer service orientation.
- Ability to build rapport with stakeholders and work in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.