American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) is a dynamic trade association representing high-tech American manufacturers of virtually the entire U.S. supply of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, other fuels and home heating oil, as well as the petrochemicals used as building blocks for thousands of vital products in daily life, from paints to plastics, space suits to solar panels, and medicines to mobile phones.
AFPM is looking for a knowledgeable and impactful IT Support Specialist to join our team of professionals. This position is responsible for providing superior customer service in support of end-users and serves as the primary point of contact for all IT support requests. In addition, the IT Support Specialist provides on-site technical diagnosis, research, assistance and resolution for workstation issues and other end-user technical resource problems.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to both the IT Director and the CFO.
The IT Support Specialist:
- Provides technical support and handles all user questions and issues in-person, or by using multiple remote platforms such as email, Teams video and phone, and phone conferencing.
- Identifies end-user problems, researches problems, isolates issues and resolves issues. Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with end-users during this process and follows-up afterward to ensure problem is fully resolved.
- Accepts and assumes accountability and responsibility for systems issues using appropriate escalation path to ensure resolution.
- Provides support to productivity and collaboration services including but are not limited to Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive for business, MS Office Suite and GoToMeeting.
- Develops, maintains and updates training materials and guidelines to include guidance for AFPM applications and websites.
- Maintains end-user’s hardware and software inventories.
- Recommends modifications to systems, software and IT security standards to enhance functionality, security and end-user experience.
- Onboards and offboards user accounts in Active Directory and Azure AD, and provides initial training and orientation as needed. Provisions accounts in Office 365, assigns licenses and activates services.
- Supports security maintenance, including anti-virus, software updates and patch management.
- Installs, configures, maintains and supports all IT equipment including laptops, computers, printers, faxes, monitors, audio and video systems, and conference room equipment.
- Provides assistance and support to the IT Director as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience on helpdesk and customer support in a 60+ employee, professional office environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Office Pro Plus, Windows 10, Active Directory and Networks services.
- Experience working in a hybrid Office 365 and Azure AD environment, and with any MDM platform, preferably Microsoft Intune.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory), Windows10, Network+, Security+ and Office365 are a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of extraordinarily complex systems and the ability to explain complex IT concepts in appropriate and easy-to-understand terms to end-users.
- Excellent communication, organization, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or an IT-related field, or equivalent work experience