AFPM is the premier trade association for the refining and petrochemical industry, representing over 90 percent of our nation's fuel and petrochemical manufacturers. The association is headquartered in Washington, D.C. We are currently seeking an IT Specialist that can support the daily operations of the IT Department.
Responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and diagnoses to computer systems, network, hardware, and software. This includes problem identification, research, isolation, resolution, and communication with end-users. Support the daily operation of the IT systems including Windows 10 Devices managed via Intune, users accounts in a Microsoft Window active directory environment, on-site audio and video systems, wireless networks, VPN clients, printers, and Office365 services. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Replicate or recreate end-user problems to resolve system’s issues and identify root cause to prevent future issues. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Provide technical support and handle all user questions and issues in person or using multiple platforms such as email, Teams video/phone conference, and phone.
- Communicate with client in a timely manner to identify symptoms, causes, and solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Accept and retain ownership for systems’ issues using appropriate escalation path to ensure resolution.
- Provide support to productivity and collaboration services including but are not limited to, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive for business, MS Office Suite and GoToMeeting.
- Develop, maintain, and update training materials and guidance to develop accessible documents, including guidance for applications and web sites.
- Maintain end-user’s hardware and software inventories and identify potential strategies to upgrade systems based on user’s needs and latest technology trends.
- Onboard/offboard accounts in Active Directory, Azure AD, and provide initial training and orientation when needed.
- Manage security objects in an Active Directory environment (Create accounts, reset password, disable accounts, etc.)
- Provision account in Office 365, assign licenses and activate services.
- Support security maintenance, including anti-virus, software updates, and patch management.
- Ensuring that the technology needs of the staff are met.
- Maintains and provides support for the organization’s fax and multi-function printers fleet.
- Contribute to and maintain systems, software and IT security standards
- Relocates IT equipment including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data
- Minimum of 3- 5 years' experience with Office Suite and Office Pro Plus, Windows 8/10, Active Directory, Networks services.
- Experience working in a hybrid Office 365 and Azure AD environment.
- Experience working with any MDM platform (Preferable with Microsoft Intune)
- B.S. Degree Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory), Windows10, Network+, Security+, Office365 are a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent communication, problem solving and technical writing skills.