AFPM seeks a collaborative teammate and an experienced, digital public affairs professional to join its growing Communications team. The Manager will be responsible for all digital programming for the association, working in collaboration with an integrated team of communications professionals focused on branding, marketing, thought leadership, influencer engagement, grassroots mobilization, member engagement, and web development.
A successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and creative problem-solver with the ability to translate strategy into program design, while still being willing to get into the weeds of execution. He or she will have strong leadership skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. This person must be organized, detail-oriented and have the capability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects. Initiative-taking, resourceful candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit will be an especially good fit for this role.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled digital strategist and tactician who understands the intersection of digital media, politics and issues management and the role digital plays in shaping opinions and winning on issues. Exposure to energy matters and experience working within the manufacturing or energy sector is ideal, but not required, as is experience working as part of an agency or in-house communications or policy team.
- Help develop and lead best-in-class integrated advocacy and public affairs campaigns and programs
- Lead day-to-day digital activities, ensuring executional excellence of social content creation and engagement, influencer relations, paid media amplification, ongoing measurement, reporting and analytics – helping to advance insights-driven strategies
- Ensure high-quality campaign/program execution that is on strategy and aligned on budget
- Oversee consultants and digital staff, providing clear direction, consistent feedback, and holding them accountable
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful integrated campaigns
- Demonstrated tactical proficiency in digital media, including creating and driving digital and social media plans
- Experience in social media marketing with familiarity in amplified content strategy
- Experience shaping and leading data-driven, measurable programs
- Experience in developing and/or directing the development of digital and social content including videos, infographics, etc.
- Ease with performing well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and priority on professional achievement and association success
- Self-directed creative thinker eager to generate ideas.
- A high degree of problem-solving and organizational skills, and an ability to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics.
- Familiarity with tools like Spark Influence, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ad Words, HootSuite or other equivalent tools is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years professional experience; energy industry experience a plus.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only direct applications will be considered; resumes received via placement agency or other third party will not be reviewed.
Learn more about AFPM at www.afpm.org