AFPM is a premier trade association headquartered in the heart of Washington D.C. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our fast-paced government relations and regulatory team.
- Provide administrative support to the government relations team
- Draft routine correspondence including email communications to AFPM members and Capitol Hill
- Oversee document management, including keeping fact sheets and other AFPM advocacy materials up-to-date
- Conduct research on legislative, regulatory, and policy issues
- Assist with administering the AFPM PAC
- Working with outside consultants on various matters from time to time
- Attend and report on selected congressional hearings
- Draft, proofread and edit high-quality advocacy materials such as letters, memos, alerts, news releases, fact sheets, and reports for use within AFPM as well as outside entities
- Research and writing articles for e-newsletters, department web pages, and other publications
- Coordinate deployment of AFPM originated e-blasts to members on legislative alerts and policy updates
- Draft timely and user-friendly content for social media and other multimedia platforms
- Attend and report on meetings of various coalitions, other associations, government agencies on behalf of AFPM
- B.A. in political science, public policy, communications, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience
- Demonstrated interest in energy policy
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional editing, writing, and messaging skills. Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
- Must have a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and ability to work with staff in a cordial and tactful manner.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks, and to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office