If you are an experienced administrative professional looking for the next step in your career, have great communication and relationship-building skills, and enjoy managing executive and departmental schedules and deliverables, then our Administrative Specialist, Government Relations & Policy position may be your next step.
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM), a dynamic trade association headquartered in Washington, D.C., is looking for an experienced and collaborative Specialist to support the Senior Vice President and the Government Relations and Policy team through a broad range of administrative assignments and coordination activities.
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Senior Vice President, Government Relations & Policy.
- Perform a wide range of administrative duties and special assignments in support of the SVP and the Government Relations & Policy team.
- Manage the schedule and calendar of the SVP with attention to accuracy and detail, keeping the SVP informed of calendar changes and calendar requests.
- Work closely and effectively with the SVP and the department to keep all informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up on internal and external department requests and deadlines.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external business meetings including in-person and video conferencing, conference calls, and associated travel.
- Manage meeting resources such as reserving meeting rooms, coordinating catering, meeting communications and correspondence, and developing and/or distributing materials.
- Maintain confidentiality of materials, conversations and documents.
- Prepare accurate and timely expense reports and handle other accounting reporting as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position supporting an executive and a department or multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including collaboration, coordination and relationship building at all levels.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage complex meeting and travel arrangements within time commitments and budget.
- Experience managing internal and external confidential information.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative within established procedures and practices.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic work environment with multiple team members.
- Detail orientation and high degree of accuracy and productivity.
- BA/BS a plus, but not required.